Day 19: Singing for You Again {The Way You Love}

Rooted Final 500 x 500
Happy Sunday, my friends! Today I’m sharing another song with you, written by yours truly. I give you a bit of the story behind the song on the video, so I’ll spare you that here.

I’ll tell you though, that it’s been interesting this week to see how fear has reared its head for me in the wake of sharing last week’s song. The questions have had their moments of running rampant in my mind and heart — questions of “what if you can’t do that again?” and “what if your next song (and the one after that, and the one after that…) doesn’t impact hearts to the same degree?”

It’s Friday night as I prepare this post, and today, I was able to get still and quiet before the Lord — enough so that my fear was calmed, covered by the reality of His love and my identity in light of it.

And finally, this afternoon, I was able to sit and play this song for you out of a more deeply grounded place in my heart.

And for that — for His faithfulness to root and ground me in Love yet again — I’m so very thankful.

So. Without further ado…

Away–
Under your gaze
And all else fades
Away–
Under your grace

Chorus:
Because the way you love me
Overwhelms my heart
And all this beauty
Speaks of who you are
And the way you love
The way you love
The way you love

©Dana Butler, 2011
Disclaimer/Copyright

This post is part of my 31 Days series, Rooted: 31 Days of Authenticity (from my life in limbo). You can find the entire series here.

Also, if you don’t want to miss future posts or song reveals, I invite you to subscribe to receive each post in your inbox.

P.S.  I will be sharing this post with my friends in Lisha and Kelli’s lovely communities.

This entry was posted in 31 Days 2014, Creativity, Give Me Grace, Learning Authenticity, misc. walking with Jesus, Music, Unforced Rhythms, Writing. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Day 19: Singing for You Again {The Way You Love}

1. Marvia says:

Beautiful words. I love these stories of connection and leaning.
    Marvia recently posted…Redefining GraceMy Profile

2. Marcy Hanson says:

Beautiful, Dana. Thank you for being brave!!

You echo my heart so deeply with our words. “And all else fades away under our grace.” Yes, so thankful for His grace. Thank you f0r inviting me into the intimate places of your heart.
    Barbie recently posted…The Weekend Brew: Give Me Jesus!My Profile

4. I could listen to you sing all day. I love you, my friend. You are all kinds of beautiful brave. I was moved especially by the same line as Barbie said above. I’m looking forward to more Sundays…this is awesome!
    Ashley Larkin @ Draw Near recently posted…To Live Like A Child Plus A Giveaway of “Playdates with God” by Laura BoggessMy Profile

You encourage my heart like I can’t even tell you, sister. So thankful for your friendship and your belief in me. <3

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us! It is a treasure! You are a treasure!!
    Tara recently posted…Who I AmMy Profile

6. Melissa says:

Wow, what a beautiful song! Your voice is amazing!
    Melissa recently posted…A Nice SundayMy Profile

7. Pingback: Day 20: In Which Community Is Rich {and an apology to my email subscribers} | Dana L. Butler

8. Joe Pote says:

What a beautiful song of worship! Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Joe Pote recently posted…Lamp of GodMy Profile

9. Stacey says:

<3 Thank you.
    Stacey recently posted…As I contemplate returningMy Profile

Dana, you are one brave girl. Singing definitely takes a level of vulnerability even more than writing. This song was beautiful. This line will stay with me today … “Because the way you love me, Overwhelms my heart”. That is truth right there. Thank you for singing for me. It was just for me, right :) Thank you for blessing us all!
    Joanne Viola recently posted…Day 20: He Is AbleMy Profile

11. Ceil says:

Hi Dana! Wow, this is the first time I’ve been serenaded on a blogpost. You have a lovely gift, thank you so much for sharing it today with all of us. Thank you for busting past your fears and recording this. Don’t stop!

From Chronicles of Grace,
    Ceil
    Ceil recently posted…Bad LandsMy Profile

Hi Ceil, so glad to have you here! Thanks for acknowledging my “busting past [my] fears” to record this. It was definitely *that.* I so appreciate your encouragement!

12. ~Karrilee~ says:

I just can’t stop saying it… I love you, girlie! I love this song and this worship and this truth… I’m gonna share it as my ‘video pick’ next weekend for That Thing I Do Now! Gorgeous! (…and you sound great, btw… allergies or not!)
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted…DAY TWENTY – “Easier Ways” Part 2My Profile

Thank you, Karrilee! You are so kind and encouraging to me. I SO wish you were coming to Allume. Hopeful for the day that our paths intersect and I can hug your neck! <3

Thank you Dana so much for sharing this. This song makes me want to grab my journal and Bible and spend some sweet time with Jesus. So, that is exactly what I am going to do. You are such a blessing to me. :-)
    Jolene recently posted…Day 20 Resting on scriptural promises Multitude MondayMy Profile

14. Leah says:

I love hearing your voice and seeing your face again! And I love this song. Thank you for sharing it with us and for taking such a risk in sharing your art.
    Leah recently posted…The God of the Universe cares for you… Will you let Him?My Profile

You’re just so beautiful, my friend….everything about you. Thank you for sharing your voice with us. I am so very blessed by you.
    Sarah recently posted…beyond expectationsMy Profile

16. Natalie says:

All else fades–a wonderful image, a wonderful truth, a wonderful hope. Singing is an act of vulnerability. Thanks for being willing to share your heart and your lovely voice.
    Natalie recently posted…Yellowstone Between RaindropsMy Profile

17. “for His faithfulness to root and ground me in Love yet again”
    Isn’t that what we all need? Thanks for sharing this beauty, Dana and the depth of your heart with the community at Unforced Rhythms.
    Kelly Chripczuk recently posted…To Mend a Broken HeartMy Profile