Surrender to Freedom {Five Minute Friday: Release}

RELEASE

Let there be release for the bound up places. The places where fear has gripped tight and squeezed tighter.

Let there be release for the hidden places. The places insecurity has kept us from letting our truest selves see the light of day.

Let there be release for the invisible. For what’s inside us that’s been invalidated and rejected till it’s just shrunk and disappeared.

Let there be release for the heart that’s caged by the voices, the lies that’ve deemed it worthless and insignificant and commanded it to shut down… and shut up.

Let there be release. And let there be courage to fly free once the cage is opened, because, friend? The world desperately needs you to be fully, wildly, authentically, bravely who you were made to be.

Release is here, and His name is Jesus. So grab hold, brave heart. Say yes. Surrender to freedom. Because there’s no greater way to glorify the One who purchased it for you.

{Sharing this quick outpouring with the precious hearts of the Five Minute Friday community. You’re invited to join us here.}

This entry was posted in Confidence in God, Five Minute Friday, Freedom From Perfectionism, One Word. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Surrender to Freedom {Five Minute Friday: Release}

1. Amy says:

Hello! I’m stopping by from Five Minute Friday. I love your thoughts about releasing…beautiful words!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Amy recently posted…Releasing…while hanging onMy Profile

2. Always love your thoughts. This is beautiful!
    Jamie S. Harper recently posted…FMF: ReleaseMy Profile

3. Amy says:

Dana – LOL !!! I posted the wrong comment on the wrong post.

I love how beautiful, honest and open and I love your heart. Thank you for sharing.
    Amy recently posted…Release {Five-Minute Friday}My Profile

4. Janel says:

stopping by from FMF and I LOVE this clarion call to freedom and release. I think i might just type it out for my own reminder. Thank you for sharing this beautiful cry for freedom with us. Be blessed.

Janel, really glad you stopped by. I need this call to freedom as much as anyone else. I might need to print it out for myself too! :)

5. Chavos says:

Love this…my phrase this year is “Free to Be” and God is giving me the courage to mount up and fly straight out of the cage! :)
    Chavos recently posted…Five Minute Friday: Daughter, I release you!My Profile

6. I love warrior spirit declaration prayers – and that’s what this is. It’s a standing up, a reclaiming of ground that was stolen.

(also, I think there’s a song in these words/from these words) <3
    Dry Bones Dance recently posted…Stories From the Past: A BeginningMy Profile

Ugh… my friend… this comment hits my heart so deep. And a song…. YIKES. And yes. Okay. Love you.

• You have got this – because this calling out towards freedom isn’t just for those of us reading your words, it’s also for you dear heart. It’s for those songs that your heart has been singing in quiet corners for too many years. Praying courage for you to fly in this. Love you.
        Dry Bones Dance recently posted…Five Minute Friday: ReleaseMy Profile

7. “Release is here, and His name is Jesus.” AMEN! Poetically living this out with you.
    Jolene Underwood (@Faith_Eyes) recently posted…Open your hands {FMF: Release}My Profile

Yay! I love reading your five minute Friday posts. You don’t know how much God is using you to encourage me through your blog and and the InCourage group. I used to want everyone to like me. Now my deepest prayer is for God to take me and my mess of imperfections and give me a voice and the words to say to bless and encourage others. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Jolene recently posted…Five Minute Friday ReleaseMy Profile

9. Kelli Moore says:

I keep a journal of conversations with God, scriptures that touch me in such a deep way I want to be able to go back and find them quickly, and quotes that God uses to encourage me, challenge me, or comfort me. Your entire post will now be written in that journal. I simply don’t know how else to tell you how much these words have meant to me, how closely they align with the truth that God wants us to embrace, and how desperately I needed to read them. Thank you. I knew going back to FMF even though it was Monday was important! Blessings to you!
    Kelli Moore recently posted…Five Minute Friday – On MondayMy Profile

Kelli, I’m so glad the Lord used these words to bless your heart. Thanks for your encouragement here! Bless you, friend.